- This course has passed.
QuickBooks Day 1- Introduction and Setup
February 8 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$375
Course Duration, Method: 1 day (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), Instructor-Led Training
In this QuickBooks course, you will learn the basic operation of QuickBooks Premier, convert from a manual accounting system to QuickBooks, setup data files and customize software settings. In particular, the training includes topics like creating, and modifying, general ledger (GL) accounts, entering and modifying company information, inputting and adjusting general journal transactions, opening and restoring QuickBooks files, understanding the Chart of Accounts, and backing up company data.Read More
The objective of this lesson is to show you how to convert from a manual accounting system to QuickBooks. Upon successful completion of this lesson, you should know how to:
- Describe the QuickBooks screen components.
- Find and edit company information.
- Create, modify, find edit and delete general ledger (GL) accounts.
- Generate general journal reports.
- Set up data files.
- Customize QuickBooks settings.
- Manage QuickBooks files
- Explain the QuickBooks screen components
- Create, modify, find, edit and delete general ledger (GL) Accounts
- Find and amend the company information
- Input, adjust and delete General Journal transactions
- Produce a General Journal report
- Open and restore QuickBooks files
- Understand the Chart of Accounts
- Work with QuickBooks Preferences
- Input dates into QuickBooks
- Create, recall and delete memorized transactions
- Back up company data files
Setting Up Data Files and Customizing Settings
- Use the EasyStep interview to set up your company data file
- Enter the data file start date
- Enter customers, vendors, and inventory items
- Set up data file preferences
- Enter the opening balances for General Ledger accounts
- Enter additional customers, vendors, and opening balances
- Enter additional inventory items and balances
- Enter the company information
- Use the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries windows
- Enter opening balances
- Add and modify General Ledger Accounts manually
- Work with account numbers
- Work with Registers