- This course has passed.
Microsoft Word 2013 / 2016 Level 1
January 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$275
Course Duration, Method: 1 day (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), Instructor Led Training
In this course, you will learn how to move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. You’ll learn how to use Word 2013 / 2016 in creating and editing simple documents; formatting documents; adding tables and lists; adding design elements and layout options; and proofing documents.Read More
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
This course is intended for people who want to learn basic Word skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
Topic D: Edit Documents
Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
Topic F: Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
Topic C: Control Page Layout
Topic D: Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Topic B: Use Research Tools
Topic C: Check Accessibility
Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats