- This course has passed.
Microsoft Word 2010 Level 1
October 18, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Course Duration Method: 1 day (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), IInstructor-LedTraining
This course will help you get acquainted with the Word user interface, create a new document, and find help. You will also learn how to find, select, and modify text, format text and paragraphs, work with tables, manage lists, insert images, check your documents for spelling and grammar errors, and layout and print your documents.Read More
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the various components of the Word interface, create a new Word document, enter text into a document, save a document, preview and print a document, and search Help.
- Navigate through a document to find and select text, modify selected text, and find and replace text.
- Apply character formatting to text, align paragraphs using tab stops, display text as list items, control paragraph layout, apply borders and shading to paragraphs, apply text styles, and manage formatting in documents.
- Insert a table into a document, modify the structure of a table, format a table, & convert text to a table.
- Sort a list, renumber a list, and customize a list.
- Insert symbols and special characters and add images to a document.
- Apply page borders and colors, apply a watermark, add a header and footer to a document, and control page layout.
- Check spelling and grammar and use other proofing tools.
- Customize the Word interface and use additional options for saving.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
Topic A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
Topic B: Create a Word Document
Topic C: Help
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
Topic A: Find and Select Text
Topic B: Modify Text
Topic C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic C: Display Text as List Items
Topic D: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Topic F: Apply Styles
Topic G: Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 5: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Renumber a List
Topic C: Customize a List
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
Topic B: Add a Watermark
Topic C: Add Headers and Footers
Topic D: Control Page Layout
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling and Grammar
Topic B: Other Proofing Tools
Lesson 9: Customizing the Word Environment
Topic A: Customize the Word Interface
Topic B: Additional Save Options