- This course has passed.
May 25, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Course Duration, Method: 1 day (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), Instructor Led Training
The business world is increasingly becoming centered around the interaction of different teams, both within and outside the organization. The success of a team within a company is often directly linked to the ability of a manager to lead and manage the team effectively. To perform the job well, the manager must understand the different roles of everyone involved on the team and be trained in developing the capabilities of all team members and addressing issues as soon as they surface. In this course you will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of becoming an effective manager for your team.Read More
In this course, you will explore the fundamental concepts of effective management.
- Determine the roles that a manager must fill on a team and explore the key areas of personal development.
- Discover how to detect silent messages through body language and other means of nonverbal communication. You will also boost your listening skills through active listening.
- Discover the stages of team development and how to motivate your team. Also, you’ll examine the need for regular team meetings and how to resolve conflict.
- Empower your workgroup through delegation and coaching and optimize staff performance.
- Discover ways of identifying problems and determining their root cause. You’ll also explore techniques to identify and implement solutions effectively.
Individuals taking this course may be business professionals who are either at the managerial level or are interested in becoming team leaders.
Lesson 1: Developing as a Manager
Topic A: Identify Effective Manager Roles
Topic B: Develop Personal Skills
Lesson 2: Communicating Successfully
Topic A: Communicate Without Talking
Topic B: Manage Better by Listening
Topic C: Assert to Achieve
Lesson 3: Cultivating Great Teams
Topic A: Create an Invincible Team
Topic B: Inspire Team Success
Topic C: Run Team Meetings
Topic D: Resolve Conflicts Positively
Lesson 4: Empowering Your Workgroup
Topic A: Delegate for Results
Topic B: Coach for Achievement
Topic C: Optimize Staff Performance
Lesson 5: Creating Successful Solutions to Problems
Topic A: Identify and Define the Problem
Topic B: Determine the Root Cause
Topic C: Identify a Solution
Topic D: Implement Solutions Decisively