- This course has passed.
Effective Business Writing
March 31, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$325
Course Duration Method: 1 day (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), Instructor-Led Training
This course offers effective strategies to sharpen your writing skills by structuring your ideas logically, exercising diplomacy in letters and reports, and shaping your arguments. In contemporary business environments, information overload makes it necessary for you to communicate clearly and concisely. Trying to make sense of a disorganized email message can be frustrating given the number of emails you have to answer daily. As a result, by analyzing your audience, organizing your writing, and employing effective persuasive techniques, your writing will make an impact.Read More
In this course, you will organize and write effective business documents.
- Identify techniques to write effective business communication.
- Write electronic communication that is clear, concise, and appropriate in a business context.
- Apply the writing principles you have studied to specific business situations and learn to address the needs of a particular audience.
- Use your writing and diplomatic skills to create formal business letters.
- Use basic persuasive strategies that will allow you to plan and deliver effective proposals.
This course is for individuals who need to write clearly and concisely in a professional environment.
Lesson 1: Writing Effective Business Communication
Topic A: Write Strong Sentences
Topic B: Organize Your Content
Topic C: Analyze Your Audience
Lesson 2: Writing Email and Other Electronic Communication
Topic A: Write an Email
Topic B: Write Instant Messages and Text Messages
Lesson 3: Writing Common Business Documents
Topic A: Write an Internal Announcement
Topic B: Write a Routine Request
Topic C: Write a Response to Routine Requests
Topic D: Write a Complaint
Topic E: Write a Positive Response to Customer Complaints
Topic F: Write Bad-News Messages
Lesson 4: Writing a Business Letter
Topic A: Write a Business Letter
Topic B: Write a Thank-You Letter
Lesson 5: Writing Business Proposals
Topic A: Persuade Your Audience
Topic B: Write an Executive Summary
Topic C: Use Visuals